Lumenis is a global leader in the field of minimally-invasive clinical solutions for the Surgical
Ophthalmology and Aesthetic markets, and is a world-renowned expert in developing and commercializing innovative energy-based technologies, including Lasers. Lumenis' ground-breaking products have redefined medical treatments and have set numerous technological and clinical gold-standards. The LightSheer Desire technology has been clinically tested and proven to be suitable for all skin types and for both men and women alike. If you have unwanted body or facial hair, the LightSheer Desire can help you
Before Lumenis LightSheer technology, removing hair from large areas such as the back or legs could be painful, expensive, and extremely time-consuming. With the LightSheer Desire though, treatments for those large areas can be done in as little as ten to fifteen minutes, without any need for gels, anesthetics, or other preparation. At the same time, the LightSheer Desire’s versatility allows it to treat the more delicate face or bikini region just as quickly and just as effectively, even during the same appointment.
A Leader with Great Assets in Attractive Growing Markets:
- Innovative technology: Over 220 registered patents and numerous FDA clearances.
- Global reach: Active installed base of more than 80,000 systems and presence in over 100 countries.
- Strong brand: The Lumenis name and brand are associated with high quality among consumers.
- Partnership with key opinion leaders (KOL’s): Strong KOL support and commitment to research and development.
The technology behind the DESIRE:
The LightSheer® DESIRE™ uses an 805nm diode wavelength. This wavelength is the industry's Gold-Standard and has been clinically proven to safely and effectively treat all skin types.
To deliver unsurpassed clinical results, The LightSheer® DESIRE™ combines two advanced technologies- High-Speed Integrated Technology (HIT ™ ) and ChillTip ™ Technology. The low fluence HIT™ uses a customized vacuum that reduces treatment time by more than 75%, increases treatment safety and efficacy and significantly improves patient comfort. The high fluence ChillTip™ Technology applies a cooling mechanism to chill the skin before and during treatment, increasing treatment efficacy and patient comfort.
The difference between IPL and Laser Hair removal
IPL devices are not lasers!
IPL and Laser are very different treatments and you the consumer, needs to know exactly what you are paying for. IPL devices are not lasers. It is important to ensure you know what machine is being used for your treatments. You will find that many clinics throughout UK claim to use “IPL Laser Hair Removal”. This is not genuine Laser Hair Removal and should not be treated or charged as such.
Both devices work by sending intense light energy into the hair follicles. Once the light is absorbed in the hair follicle, the light converts to heat and destroys the hair follicle. However, this is where the similarity ends.
IPL can be distinguished from Laser as it produces a broad spectrum of wavelengths vs. the single wavelength produced by a Laser hair removal machine. Because there are different wavelengths, it is largely argued for this reason that IPL machines are not as effective as Laser machines for permanent hair reduction. IPL targets brown pigment so its hair removal properties are limited to light skin (minimal pigment target) and dark hair (more pigment target). Patients with darker skin are much more prone to side effects when using IPL, such as burns, hyperpigmentation and other skin damage. As well, it does not effectively treat light hair, such as blond, white, grey or red hair due to the lack of pigment.
Lasers generate a single wavelength of light It is a very concentrated light in one single colour and form to target the melanin in the hair follicle. They were developed to provide permanent hair removal solutions, where IPL was originally developed to treat a variety of skin conditions and hair loss came as a side effect. Laser hair removal has proven to be much more effective and less painful than IPL hair removal. Laser targets strictly the hair follicle as opposed to the pigment surrounding the hair follicle resulting in less collateral skin damage.
Mobile Laser Salon uses the newest generation of laser hair removal technology. The main advantages of using Laser over IPL based technology are:
- Laser technology is extremely effective method, achieves substantially better results and is much faster than IPL
- Lasers have the capability to safely treat all skin colours, whereas IPLs can cause burn on darker skin types. Lasers are far more precise
- Laser settings can be adjusted to suit your specific skin tone and hair colours.
- Lasers are much more effective for removing hair from large areas such as backs or legs.
- Laser treatments are safe for sensitive areas near the eyes and mouth
- Laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer
- IPL is not effective on all hair and skin types
- IPLs can cause burn on darker skin types.
- IPLs can cause damages to pigment producing cells, which can leave you with patches of darker or lighter skin