How it works
The LightSheer Desire uses a laser with an 805nm diode wavelength, the new gold standard for universal safety across all skin types. Repeated pulses from the laser first eliminate existing hair, and then allow the laser’s heat to penetrate the skin and direct energy into the hair follicles, preventing future growth. Compared to other laser treatments, the LightSheer Desire’s larger spot size allows for deeper penetration with fewer pulses, decreasing the likelihood of future regrowth, while also allowing for a faster treatment.
The Desire offers three different treatment spot sizes for maximum versatility, and each uses specialized technology suited to that particular spot size. For the largest spot size, the High-Speed Integrated Technology incorporates suction to elevate and stretch the skin. By stretching the skin thinner, the laser achieves maximum absorption into hair follicles, while minimizing the physical sensation of heat. For the two smaller spot sizes, the ChillTip technology uses a specialized cooling system to achieve the same effect. The cold raises the hair follicle, allowing for easier hair removal and deeper penetration, while also momentarily numbing the skin to minimize pain.
How High-Speed Integrated Technology™ (HIT™) works
• Vacuum gently draws skin into the handpiece, skin is stretched thin and target is pulled closer to the energy source.
• Energy is applied to target in which melanocytes are spread apart and blood flow is constricted.
• Target is damaged and skin is released.
Advantages of High-Speed Integrated Technology (HIT™)
• Increased efficacy: Reduction in competing chromophores enables delivery of laser energy more efficiently.
• Higher safety: Less energy is absorbed by the epidermis and lower fluence is required since the target is closer to the energy source.
• Decreased pain: The unique vacuum mechanism activates tactile and pressure skin receptors to inhibit the transmission of pain sensation.
• Fastest treatment: With a spot size of 22x35 mm, large areas can be treated rapidly without the need for cooling or anesthetics.
How ChillTip™ Works
• Skin is cooled before and during treatment.
• Skin is compressed. Laser beam applied to skin and target is damaged
Advantages of ChillTip™ Technology
• Enhanced safety: superior epidermal protection is achieved through ChillTip™ contact cooling
• Increased comfort: by continuously cooling the skin, pain and discomfort are significantly reduced.
• Higher efficacy: Compression of the skin rotates follicle closer to the surface, blenches blood vessels and reduces competing chromophores. High fluence enables treatment of areas requiring precision and thin, light hair.